What we’d like visitors to do:
- Enter the building via the front doors and use intercom where necessary to gain access (unless you have specific requirements)
- After entering, please use the sanitisation stations in the reception area
- Report to reception and wait in the designated waiting area for collection
- Wash hands frequently and use sanitisation stations available as required
- Follow guidance around the building, in common spaces and meeting rooms and ensure social distancing of 1m is observed
- Use the back door only for exiting the building
- Please DO NOT visit Nexus if you are feeling unwell or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19
- If you feel unwell during your visit or within 7 days, please let your host know, to ensure we can instigate track & trace as necessary
- Wearing of Face Coverings: We strongly encourage all members, visitors, and contractors to wear face coverings unless medically exempt when entering and moving around the building. This includes all areas other than designated member spaces e.g. offices and labs. Disposable face coverings will be made available at Reception (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) in case those onsite forget to bring their own. We would however appreciate your help in this by arriving with your own mask where possible.
- NHS COVID-19 App: Visitors with smartphones are asked to register each visit by scanning the QR at the sanitisation station on entry into Nexus. This will allow NHS Test and Trace to contact visitors with public health advice should there be a COVID-19 outbreak. Using the QR code will help us to keep our community safe and enable us to meet the new legal requirement to record the contact details of customers, visitors and staff on the premises
- Lecture Theatre and Seminar Suites: For the moment, these spaces remain bookable at a reduced capacity
- Affine Café: Is open from Monday 19th July, offering a new click and collect service to reduce the need to queue
- Holistic Suite: Is now re-open for use on a restricted bookable basis
- Travel: If you are not displaying COVID-19 symptoms and need to attend the building, we encourage you to avoid public transport (if possible), exercise social distancing and wear a face mask
- Toilet facilities: to ensure hygiene, there is soap, paper hand towels and hand sanitiser.
t: +44 (0) 113 306 1444
University of Leeds
At present, only essential services and activities are being delivered on campus, observing the principle of physical distancing. The health and wellbeing of staff, students and the University of Leeds community remains priority.
The University has a dedicated team working to return all activity to campus as quickly and safely as possible, with research activity and student teaching being prioritised in the first instance.
As such, the majority of buildings on campus remain closed but security remain present on campus 24/7.
To keep up-to-date with the latest information regarding the University of Leeds campus and approach to re-opening please visit the dedicated coronavirus site.