As the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) continues, circumstances for all of us are extremely challenging and fast-changing. We want to reassure you that we are mindful of the various stresses being placed upon our Community, and that we will continue to support you through this difficult time.
Together with fellow collaborators from the Nexus Community, we have compiled the latest information to help guide you through the advice and support schemes available in response to COVID-19. Find out more below.
Last updated 1 June 2020
The Government and Bank of England have announced new measures to bolster support for business. Find out more about the latest advice around funding, tax, international trading, insurance, reporting and rates.
Our collaborators at KPMG have produced some useful resources to help you navigate and plan for the changes that may be needed in response to COVID-19.
We’re constantly adding new events and webinars to our programme. From advice briefings from our collaborators, to tips for success and wellbeing support, there’s something for everyone.
Check our events page to find out more.
In this difficult climate it’s more important than ever for us to look after ourselves and each other. We’ve gathered a wealth of resources to help you and your team through this period.
CAN YOUR BUSINESS HELP?
The government is looking for businesses that can help with the response to COVID-19. The support needed includes medical testing equipment, medical equipment design, protective equipment for healthcare workers, such as masks, gowns and sanitiser, manufacturing equipment and expertise or support on IT, manufacturing, construction, project management, procurement, engineering or communications.
The UK government is requesting industry involvement in the manufacture of Coronavirus testing capacity and testing kits. Businesses who meet this specification should review the guidance on helping the government increase testing capacity and register here.
OTHER USEFUL SOURCES:
- British Chambers of Commerce and their dedicated COVID-19 FAQ’s & West & North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce
- Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) & LEP’s Growth Service helpline: 0113 348 1818
- Confederation of British Industry (CBI) coronavirus hub
- Local government pages for Leeds
- The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) advice hub and their COVID-19 FAQ’s
- Visit Britain/Visit England have a dedicated COVID-19 webpage for the latest updates and key links for business and industry.
- Squire Patton Boggs have created a free to use COVID-19 contingency risk assessment tool
- The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) is the UK’s leading general insurance intermediary organisation.
- The Small Business Commissioner (SBC) is an independent public body set up by Government under the Enterprise Act 2016 to tackle late payment and unfavourable payment practices in the private sector. The SBC covers the whole of the UK – England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.