Successful innovation is nothing new to the University. Leeds has a proven track record of commercialisation, creating over 110 companies in the last 20 years, 6 of which are AIM market listed with a combined value in excess of £500m.
As a key part of the University’s approach to business engagement, Nexus is a community of innovators located on Campus and based in a new state-of-the-art building, and provides easy access to the University’s research and expertise.
Business partners can engage with us in a variety of ways, ranging from being a member of the Nexus community, to co-working or locating your business here, in the highest quality workspace and labs.
How we can help your business
Our team of Relationship Managers become an extension of your team and help businesses to unlock the potential of their ideas and achieve their chosen outcomes; developing a deep understanding of your business need, before connecting your business to the right partners and developing relationships. You’ll have access to specialist service providers, investors, mentors, business advisors, graduate talent and networking opportunities with other entrepreneurs who are part of the Nexus community.
- Conduct the research you need to develop and test innovative products and services
- Improve business performance by developing new techniques or technologies
- De-risk investment in research and innovation
- Improve competitiveness and productivity
- Provide access to a portfolio of patented technologies
- Assist with research and innovation funding
- Tap into graduate talent for your business needs
- Provide access to a range of training programmes to develop your workforce