Any organisation or individual wanting to film or take photographs at Nexus must first obtain permission. Consent is granted by the Nexus Marketing and Hospitality teams.
We receive many filming requests from our member businesses, University colleagues, broadcasters and TV/Film production companies. We look at each of these requests on a case-by-case basis.
All filming or photography requests need to give clear information on who or what they are filming and confirm whether Nexus (or Nexus branding) will be included in the final output.
FILMING OR PHOTOGRAPHY ENQUIRIES
To request permission to film or photograph in Nexus please email email@example.com with the following details:
- when and where* you would like to film
- the nature and intended use of your film/audio/photographs
- the expected size of the crew and onsite team
- the name of the organisation you represent
- a contact name, phone number and email address
Requests for filming with TV/film/entertainment outputs will be quoted at a competitive location fee.
*If you are wanting to film outside the building, additional consent will be required from the University of Leeds. Your contact will advise where this is necessary.
Permission to film or photograph at Nexus is subject to you adhering to our filming and photography guidelines. Nexus reserves the right to withdraw permission where failure to adhere to the guidance occurs.
To ensure that you get all the images or footage that you require and that our member businesses and activity in the building are not disrupted, please follow these simple guidelines:
- Whilst in the Nexus building, you are expected to comply with Nexus’ Health and Safety Policy. This requires you to take reasonable care for both your own health and safety and that of others. If you have any concerns or queries about health and safety hazards associated with your filming or photography at Nexus, please raise them with your Nexus contact.
- All filming, interviews and photography must be arranged directly through the Nexus Marketing Team, not with any other member the Nexus team or a third party.
- Please arrive at the agreed time, reporting to Reception on arrival to be checked in and when you leave to confirm you and all equipment is leaving the site.
- Before the filming date, please liaise with your Nexus contact to confirm the details of your activity and make them aware of any changes to the initial request.
- If there are changes to the agreed timings and locations on the day, we cannot commit to accommodating these. As such, where significant activity is taking place, we advise that you recce the location prior to the intended filming or photography date, this can be arranged via your Nexus contact.
- Nexus is a working building so can be noisy, especially around the meeting and events space and café areas. Please bear this in mind when planning your filming.
- The Marketing and Hospitality teams reserve the right to stop filming or photography activity if it is over-running or the crew has arrived late to Nexus. This can be negotiated but will be subject to other activity within the building.
- Nexus is a working building and people using the building may move through your shots or be seated in the background. As a courtesy, you should make people who are in shot aware, so they can choose to move if they wish. If there are people sat outside of the area in which you have been given permission to film, we cannot ask them to move.
You should only ask for an image consent form to be completed if the photo will appear with identifying details such as a person’s name and business.
If someone has been invited to appear in the background of a photo or to attend a group photo shoot, an image consent form is not required as long as no identifying details are published with the photos. Instead, just advise them in advance of the intended purpose of the images. You should also let them know that you may share the photos with other people attending the shoot for personal use, so they can decide if they want to take part.
- You are required to keep your team and equipment within the area you have been given permission to film in. If you require additional space to store equipment please speak to your Nexus contact, please note a charge for this may apply.
All filming and photography is subject to negotiated terms and conditions as outlined by the Marketing team. Depending on scale of the activity, a hire charge may apply and we reserve the right to apply an administration/staffing charge.
If you are wanting to use a drone as part of your filming/photography activity please seek permission from Nexus first, following the above procedure.
Due to Nexus being on the flight path for Leeds Bradford Airport and the proximity to Leeds General Infirmary’s helipad any drone flights are required to be in the Certified Category. We therefore require additional permissions. Permission for drone flights is granted by the University of Leeds’ Health & Safety Service. More information can be found on their website.
Please be aware that this process can take some time, so we ask that you consider this ahead of submitting a filming request. Your Nexus contact will refer you to the University’s Health & Safety Service once your request has been authorised.
We understand that event organisers will film and photograph during events. This is permitted as long as necessary permissions have been obtained from the individual(s) appearing. The responsibility for obtaining necessary permissions is the event organiser’s, Nexus accepts no responsibility. If you are wanting to film outside of the area you have booked during in your event, please liaise with your Nexus contact ahead of the event.
Unfortunately, Nexus has no parking spaces. However, there is multi-storey car park located next to the building, please see the travelling to Nexus page for more information. Please note that the height restriction for this car park is 2m. For vehicles over this height or special parking requests, please liaise with your Nexus contact.
Not all locations in the Nexus building have a power supply nearby. Please liaise with your Nexus contact should you require power during your visit. A venue recce is advisable in this instance.
Parking close to the building for loading and unloading is possible, however this must be arranged in advance of your visit with your Nexus contact. If you require additional space to use as storage, this must also be arranged in advance. Please note that this is subject to availability and charges may apply.
Please do not move any furniture or interfere with any fixtures or fitting within the building without express permission. If permission has been given any furniture moved must be returned to its original position prior to you leaving the building. We reserve the right to charge an additional staffing fee if furniture has not been returned to its original place.
Nexus branding and the branding of our member businesses should not appear in filming or photography without express permission.