As part of our ongoing commitment to support our community of innovators to thrive, we’ve partnered with the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) to offer Nexus resident members an exclusive complimentary 6 month CBI membership.
THE MEMBERSHIP OFFER
This exclusive offer is open to all Nexus resident members (those with office or lab space located within the Nexus building) and offers free CBI membership for a 6 month period, running from Friday 1 July until the 31 December 2022.
After your 6 month free membership expires, membership will not automatically renew. If you do decide to continue you can discuss this with the CBI team, with your membership monthly fee calculated in line with your annual payroll bill.
Here’s some of the key benefits you can maximise with CBI membership:
- Join a top-level, cross-sector peer network that will be beneficial to you and your team.
- Shape the business environment to work for you and showcase where you are leading the way in your sector, with policy shaping discussions and opportunities.
- Plan with confidence, mitigate risks to your business and access practical guidance through a wide range of resources via the online ‘My CBI’ portal.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest policy and business trends and opportunities, on a wide range of topics, through bulletin briefings and a year-round events programme.
- Claim a complimentary ticket (worth £550) to the CBI Annual Conference in London in November 2022, with keynote speeches from the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition.
If you’re a Nexus resident member please express your interest the CBI membership offer, by no later than Thursday 30 June, you’ll also be able to sign up to the CBI Membership Immersion Session at Nexus, 11:30 – 12:30 on Thursday 21 July. This session will need a password to complete your booking. Please email email@example.com for more information.
At the Immersion Session, we’ll be joined by Beckie Hart, CBI Regional Director – Yorkshire & the Humber, who will walk you through how to activate and fully maximise your membership benefits. You’ll also have an opportunity to join a discussion and share your views on key topics, challenges and opportunities for businesses today.
The CBI represent 190,000 UK businesses, employing nearly 7 million people – about a third of the private sector workforce. Their membership base is diverse, from start-ups to FTSE 100s, across every sector and in every region. Their scale and ability to see the bigger picture helps businesses to collectively achieve what they might not be able to on their own. Senior politicians and government stakeholders rely on the CBI to be a united voice by convening and communicating views from businesses across the UK on big topics.
Science Minister George Freeman visits Nexus
The visit was an opportunity to explore the Leeds City Region’s digital health cluster, the collaborative partnerships between innovators, businesses, academics, healthcare providers and policy makers working to improve public health in the region and beyond.