A company which is dedicated to reducing workflow burdens on staff providing vital breast cancer screening services, has joined University of Leeds innovation community Nexus.
Densitas, which has created a digital solution for the assessment and recording of breast density, says the move further strengthens its close partnership with Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and marks its continued growth across the UK and Europe.
Mo Abdolell, CEO and Founder of Densitas, comments: “Leeds is an ideal location for us to forge ahead with our market expansion and Nexus provides the right environment for healthcare and technology innovators to collaborate and bring disruptive technologies from bench to bedside.”
“Every year, 2.5 million women undergo breast cancer screening in the UK, with 90% having a screening mammogram only and the remaining 10% going on to receive further diagnostic mammograms. Our intelliMammo™ product supports all those women by simplifying the breast screening pathway, taking care of time-consuming administrative tasks, so that clinical care teams can focus on detecting cancers early when they’re most treatable.”
Dr Martin Stow, Nexus Director, comments: “We’re delighted to welcome Densitas to the Nexus community and look forward to supporting their expansion in the UK and across Europe. The access we provide to extensive collaborative research and consultancy opportunities, both with the University and our wider innovation network, means we’re becoming home to a growing number of innovative medical technology companies.”
Densitas works in close partnership with Dr Nisha Sharma, Director of the Breast Screening Programme at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, on mammography image quality and risk-based screening for patients. The Trust’s close relationship with the University of Leeds is proving to be a major benefit for the company and a key attraction for businesses in the medtech sector across the UK and internationally.
Nexus guest blog: Dr Jon Finn – Boost your resilience in two minutes a day
In this piece, Dr Jon Finn from Tougher Minds, give us an insight into how you can boost your resilience in just two minutes. The following is an excerpt from his new book, 'The Habit Mechanic - Fine-Tune Your Brain and Supercharge How You Live, Work, and Lead'.