The new event series will offer innovators the opportunity to make meaningful connections, discuss new ideas, share common areas of interest and discover new, unique opportunities for collaboration.
Recently surpassing the 100 member milestone, our Nexus community continues to grow, presenting many new opportunities for our members to collaborate and share insights. We take our role as a connector and facilitator seriously and through Nexus Connect, we strive to help our members continue to make meaningful connections with like-minded people across the innovation ecosystem.
That’s why we’re launching Nexus Connect. We want to give businesses the opportunity to talk to each other face to face and begin the conversations that lead to innovations and new solutions.
The event to interact, inform and inspire
Nexus Connect launches Monday 25th April 2022 at 4:30 PM.
For the first event in the series, our members will be joined by guest speaker Heba Bevan OBE. Heba is the CEO of technology giant Utterberry, with a proven record of technical innovation and technology deployment. Just recently, Heba was named ‘Vodafone Woman of the Year for Innovation’, and will be sharing her experiences on the topic of collaboration at our first Nexus Connect event. Five members of the Nexus community, who’ll be sharing their innovative work and opportunities for collaboration, will also join Heba, including:
- Andel – a global environmental protection specialist and leading developer of specialised leak detection and environmental protection systems, with customer bases in the Houses of Parliament, The Pentagon, Hong Kong International Airport and Google.
- Dedalus – a leading healthcare and diagnostic software provider supporting 6,300 healthcare organisations across the world with its services.
- Earthchain – a platform that provides companies with the tools to integrate climate action into their consumer journeys and consumers with the tools to reduce the climate impact of their purchases.
- Scaled Insights – Global Behavioural Artificial Intelligence (AI) specialists who develop custom algorithms to determine personality attributes.
- Slingshot Simulations – a business founded in 2019 with a mission to deliver insights from cutting-edge data science to positively impact some of the biggest challenges facing today including; climate change, sustainability, resource management and public health.
The Nexus community will be able to interact and engage with fellow members and the wider innovation ecosystem within the region at Nexus Connect. It is a great opportunity for networking and discovering opportunities for growth right here at the University of Leeds.
Join our community to start collaborating with world-leading businesses
Nexus Connect is also open to innovators across the region, giving attendees the opportunity to expand their network and immerse themselves in a supportive and vibrant community.
Follow our Eventbrite page here so you can be notified once our latest events are live.
Investment Zone boosts Leeds’ innovation ambitions and vision
The investment in digital and healthtech will accelerate plans for the Leeds Innovation Arc, kickstarting the development of the Innovation Village on the Leeds General Infirmary site with the refurbishment of the Old Medical School to create a healthtech innovation hub.